Sunday, April 06, 2008

Foucault on Power, Help!

To those of you who happen to come across this rarely updated blog (and who are competent in the secondary literature on Michel Foucault!) I am in need of help. I'm working on my dissertation on how Barth handles the language of 'powers and principalities' in the NT (also looking at some minor figures like W. Stringfellow) but I think Foucault will offer a solid dialogue partner for a constructive account of the Christian life lived in conflict with the 'powers'. That said, can people point me to the best of the secondary literature on the subject? Toole's Waiting for Godot in Sarajevo first turned me on to Foucault so I'm familiar with that one.

Thanks,

Patrick
p.s. I'm reading Foucault's History of Madness right now and I'm entirely fascinated with it! I'll post some thoughts on it soon (maybe!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.